Professional Installation & Repair of Gutters & Downspouts
Many homeowners don’t realize that gutters and downspouts are a vital part of their home. By directing water runoff from the roof away from the foundation, this system serves as the first line of defense against foundation cracking and basement or crawl space flooding. A properly functioning gutter and downspout system also protects siding, windows, doors, walkways and landscaping from water damage.
Considerations When Choosing Gutters & Downspouts
Gutters and downspouts are available with more options today than ever before. South Point Roofing & Construction can help you make the right choices for your property, then provide expert repair or replacement service.
- Material. Common gutter materials include steel, aluminum and copper. Aluminum gutters are the most popular option because they are durable, affordable and versatile. However, copper or steel gutters may be more appropriate for a historic home.
- Style. Gutter profiles include the popular K-style profile common with aluminum gutters, and the half-round profile.
- Size. K-style gutters are available in six-inches for roofs with drainage areas that are especially large or steep.
- Color. Aluminum guttering comes in a rainbow of colors to coordinate with your exterior. The finish is factory-applied so the gutter does not have to be painted after installation.
- Gutter guards. This popular upgrade helps to prevent gutter clogs and overflow, preventing water damage and reducing the need for gutter maintenance.
- Downspout extensions. An extension may be necessary to carry water runoff an adequate distance from the home.
Contact Our Gutter Specialists Today
South Point Roofing & Construction has extensive knowledge and installation experience to help you with your next gutter repair or installation project. To get started with an estimate, call us at (803) 648-9399 or contact us online.