Whether you’re having the standard gutter installed or you’ve opted for seamless gutters instead, it’s always best that you hire professionals to get the job done in your stead. By doing so, you can minimize the amount of mistakes that can cost a significant amount of time and money to rectify. And since you’re hiring professionals, it’s best that you know about the practices they follow to better understand what they do.
Here are the seven best gutter installation practices that professionals follow.
1. Use Screws to Install Downspouts – When installing gutters in homes, one of the best installation practices that professionals follow is the use of screws to install the downspouts instead of the standard rivets. That way, it’ll be easier to remove the downspouts when cleaning out debris or clogs.
2. Use a Material List – Another gutter installation practice that professionals follow is the use of material lists. Before they start the job, they’ll start compiling a list of materials needed to get the job done. This ensures that the truck is loaded properly with the necessary materials, allowing them to avoid wasting their time and yours by going back for something they forgot.
3. Cut Out the Downspout Outlet – Gutter installation professionals also cut out downspout outlets before installing them to make their work look neater. By doing so, the two seams will leave a much more finished look when installed.
4. Join the Sections on the Ground – Apart from the aforementioned methods, another practice that gutter installers often do is to join the gutter sections from the ground, allowing them to install the gutters faster and easier. For assistance in installing gutters in your home, simply turn to the gutter installation and roof maintenance pros of South Point Roofing & Construction.
5. Apply Sealant Properly – When applying sealant, on the other hand, experts often apply a liberal amount on the inside of the new gutters.
6. Use Good Crimpers – The use of good crimpers is another gutter installation practice that experts often follow to make downspout preparation easier before it’s installed.
7. Clean Up After Yourself – Every good professional knows that they must clean up after themselves once the job is done. That way, they’ll leave their client’s property as clean as it was before they arrived.
Need someone who can assist you in installing new gutters in your home? Look no further than South Point Roofing & Construction, the number one service provider to approach when it comes to your roof repair and gutter maintenance needs. Give us a call at (803) 648-9399 or fill out our contact form to schedule a consultation and get a quote.